Sunday, August 29, 2010

Heck of a Patch

My friend Curt has a HUGE pumpkin patch behind his woods. For a guy who doesn't really do much for Halloween, I think it's pretty neat how much he loves his pumpkins. He grows several varieties of pumpkins, guords, and squash. With the hot days and a lot of rain, this year looks to be one of the best pumpkin crops ever. I can't wait to help pick this year as I have my eye on a few big ones. There are plenty that are a decent size right now but it's exciting to know they have a month to grow into even bigger jackos. I snapped a few pics of what's on the vines.
















































You can't see much orange in this picture but you can see how big his patch is.











3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I had a small patch this year.. i throw all my old jacks and pumpkins in a huge fire pit and let them come up on there own. Only had a few make it this year...

    ReplyDelete